Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Guess who's back in Louisiana!

Well, me, of course. What, you were thinking Katrina refugees? No.

So... what's been happening since my last post? Hmmm, thinking, thinking, oh! - I graduated from college!...and have proceeded to sit on my ass since then through the machinations of both myself and the universe.

I live in the middle of nowhere; finding a job isn't as easy as walking down the street or riding a bus. Ain't no street, ain't no bus. Don't even get the paper. So, that leaves the Internet which is sometimes in short supply around here. But I'm back online now, baby, and let the job hunting begin! The sad, dismal job hunt. As sad and dismal as my usage of "baby" in the sentence above.

Maybe you think I'm being a defeatist having such a negative attitude before I've even begun, but I'm not exactly unfamiliar with the job prospects in my area. I've seen them, read them, let them strike fear into my very soul and I'm feeling a little sick just writing about it. This so did not fit into the plan and I'm not going any further. I don't want this little diary of mine to become some pathetic little whinelog. It's not private enough for that. Almost, but not quite. I like to think I have a small cadre of "fans", if you will, that silently pop in here now and then to enjoy some vicarious self-destruction. Thanks! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home