Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm currently reading Barbie's Queer Accessories for my pop culture class. It's really interesting, which is a good thing since I have to write a book review of it. Writing a review of a book you either hate or think is boring is like pulling your eye-teeth with rusty pliers. An academic review, anyway. Pop culture has been pretty interesting, so far. We've done fieldnotes on romance novel reading, read a little Marx, and watched They Live. Yeah, good stuff. I've decided my term paper topic will be "fashionable faces" - how media shapes beauty perception and representation. It's something I've always been interested in. Research, research, research. We actually have to teach a unit to the class on our topic. ::Breathing:: Much scarier than They Live...or Kate and Leopold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home