Monday, June 26, 2006

I would say that I have a good excuse for not updating my blog since late May - except that it wouldn't include this past week. Anyway, long story short: we use dial-up at home that doesn't work if the phone has been turned off (unless you want to pay thousands of dollars for a couple hours of internet jollies), especially if that includes long distance dialing. Ughhh... seemed like a lifetime, but it wasn't :). So, I'm back online, frantically reading backlogs of somethingawful, the onion, and my favorite message boards and blogs. And, I really didn't feel up to updating. Only thing going on here are blueberries, which started out kind of slow this summer but quickly became their usual overwhelmingly productive selves. I've picked 12 gallons the past week and my mother is delivering 8 of 'em today. We have about 15 bushes and marvel at the bounty each year. This is starting to sound like an agricultural report. I'll just say: if we had lived here a thousand years ago and the bushes put out like this -- we'd be doing blood sacrifices and worshipping some crazy berry goddess in appreciation and leave it that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home