Thursday, April 05, 2007



I resolve to start blogging more. Starting now. If anyone's paying attention, it's clear that I've only had what, 2-3 entries, since Christmas? Okay, maybe I'm not paying that much attention either, since I don't remember if it's 2 or 3, but whatever. This isn't about me! It's about my blog, which I'm writing about ... on said blog ... Yeah, sad. Hmmm, maybe I just have way too much free time on my hands now that the Peru Textile exhibition has finally opened.

Oooh, there's something I can talk about: Peruvian textiles. Except I don't want to because I'm kind of perutextiled-out; but since I brought it up: wonderful experience (not on the whole, but more about that later) and I want to do it again! Maybe for a living! Okay, not the ginormous revelation I just made it out to be with exclamation points and all, but it was only a possible future career in theory, before my exhibition design and development class. Anyway, the gist: wonderful and interesting research, good experience writing labels, making mounts, layouts, etc., and the pieces! Oh, the pieces. We had some great Chancay culture textiles - my favorite is pictured up top ^^; beautiful! And the opening reception was fun, too - I got to hand out beer tickets!

Now, like I intimated, it wasn't all good. Some of it was nerve wracking and frustrating, the worst part being the requisite slacker in my group that only got the map (an incredibly important element that needed to be up before we could do anything else with that case) done the day before the opening and pretty much almost completely derailed our whole contribution to the project.

Asshole, asshat, captain douchebag, loser - that's all I can say. Thankfully, he didn't ruin my taste for it completely. Despite this silver lining, my friend, who's also the class TA and did a lot of the work, and I still might simultaneously crush aluminum cans the next time we know he's walking into a random room alone.
Photo courtesy of the Logan Museum of Anthropology, btw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home